I am pleased to announce that, effective January 1, 2014, I have established my own independent advocacy and mediation practice. I bring to the role of advocate and mediator 30 years of problem-solving experience, assisting clients to resolve their disputes through negotiation and advocacy. I bring these same skills to the role of mediator.
I have developed a well-deserved reputation in the Ontario legal community for my good judgment and practical, fair approach to conflict resolution. I work hard to find the common ground in every dispute.
I was one of the first lawyers in Ontario to complete the Harvard Mediation Program and I have recently returned to Harvard to enhance this learning through the completion of one of their Programs on Negotiation.
I am passionate about the role of mediation in the dispute resolution process and take great satisfaction in helping parties to avoid the risk, time, expense and aggravation associated with traditional litigation.
- Howard Winkler in the News
- Howard Winkler representing former Ontario PC leader in libel suit
February 28, 2018
- CAO tribunal a model for dispute resolution: Winkler
February 7, 2018
- Premier’s anti-SLAPP law could kill her defamation suit
December 28, 2017
- Honesty, careful language key when posting online review
November 10, 2017
- Options available for businesses dealing with defamatory reviews
October 30, 2017